The hiring process for the Bowling Green Fire Department carefully includes many steps designed to fully examine the applicant’s abilities and qualifications. The following information is provided so that you may know exactly what is expected of an applicant.
Mark Your Calendar!
- Recruitment is steadily approaching! Applications open on Friday, March 1st, 2024, and close on Friday, May 31, 2024. In the meantime, don’t forget to keep your health and education a priority, and keep serving your community!
- 2024 Recruitment Schedule
- BGFD Open House
- March 12th, 2024 Station #1 – 5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- May 6th, 2024 Station #7 – 5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- High school diploma or GED
- DD-214 (if applicable)
- CPAT Certification Card
Physically Prepare Yourself!
- Develop a physical fitness regimen incorporate cardiovascular and strength building exercises. Remember this is a lifestyle!
- Obtain CPAT Certification. The CPAT is a pass/fail timed test which consists of eight separate events (stair climb, hose drag, equipment carry, ladder raise and extension, forcible entry, search, rescue, and ceiling breach and pull). The test is a sequence of events that requires the candidate to progress along a predetermined path from event to event in a continuous manner.
- Applicants can obtain certification anywhere in the U.S. the CPAT test is offered. Some sites are listed below:
Bowling Green Firefighter Candidate Fitness Testing
Bowling Green Fire Department administers an additional fitness test to further evaluate candidates.
Request a gym membership to Parks and Recreation (270) 393-3582.
Submit Online Application
Prepare for Entry Exam
Applicants who have tested in 2022 or 2023 can elect to carry over their recent test scores to this hiring cycle.
City of BG utilizes the Ergometrics FireTEAM Video Testing System. This is a video-based test that covers mechanical aptitude, basic math skills, human relations and teamwork, and reading ability. Ergometrics offers practice tests to help you prepare for the tests. There are two practice tests available for a fee. Each practice test offers you two opportunities to familiarize yourself with the type of questions you will encounter on the test. These practice tests are NOT mandatory.
Prepare for the Interview
Work on interviewing